Tips and Tricks when Grocery Shopping with Twins
Having Twins Today, Issue #004 -- 20 June 2011
1) This month’s top tip: Tips and Tricks when Grocery Shopping with Twins Read more Here...
In this Issue:
2) What’s New at Having Twins this Month? Find out Here!
3) What’s our Sneak Peak this Month? Find out Here...
4) Money Saving Tips when Grocery ShoppingClick Here!
Previous Issues – Having Twins Today
Having Twins Today brings you the cherry on the top with Twin Tips, What’s New, Having Twins at Home and loads more subscriber only info and sneak peeks.
If you like this e-zine, why not “pay it forward” and email to your family, friends and other parents of twins. It’s not just the mom and dad of twins who may be interested, it could be an Aunt, Grandparent or even a Friend.
If this e-zine has been forwarded to you and you like what you see, go ahead and subscribe by Visiting
Having Twins Today
Twin Tip: Tips and Tricks when Grocery Shopping with Twins
When you can’t get a babysitter and no-one can come shopping with you what do you do? Read these tips for a smoother, happier trip to the supermarket with your twins.
Before you leave home:
1. Pack a small diaper bag, you could even have one ready to go and in the car at all times:
a. Diapers and baby wipes
b. Travel diaper rash cream
c. An extra set of clothes each
e. Two small baby blankets
f. Cart cover
If you need to take snacks and bottles get these ready just before you go.
2. Feed, burp, change, rest. You would be setting yourself up for hungry, windy or uncomfortable babies causing stress for both you and your babies.
3. Write a shopping list. If you know exactly what you need this will eliminate more anxiety and you won’t forget anything.
At the Supermarket:
1. Park right next to a cart return. You may be lucky enough to get a trolley made for twins (not all supermarkets have these) and when you have finished your shopping you can return the cart easily.
2. Stay positive and be relaxed, babies and toddlers will feel uneasy when you do.
3. In the cart. If you can’t find a twin trolley or your supermarket doesn’t have them, try one of these suggestions:
a. Use a sling while the other baby is in their car seat inside the trolley.
b. You can use a twin baby carrier Click here to visit Stuff4Multiples.com
c. Use your stroller and put your shopping in the under carriage.
Another option is to do your grocery shopping online from the comfort of home
Recently Added Pages to Having Twins
The First Year with Twins
Twins and Individuality
Books About Twins
Videos about Twin Pregnancy, Twin Birth and Twin Nursing
Stuff for Twin Parents
New Content Coming Soon!
Coming soon... Celebrating your pregnancy with a Twins Baby Shower
Still in progress: Work from home mom – how to earn money with the luxury of being home and raising your children – And what to know about IVF Twins.
Money Saving Tips at the Grocery Store
1. Write a shopping list and stick to it.
2. Have a budget and bring a calculator.
3. Never shop hungry.
4. Use coupons whenever you can.
5. Plan your meals for the week.
6. Keep in mind that store brands are cheaper.
7. Compare price by units which is often printed on the label in the supermarket. Otherwise you can divide the price by number of units, for example a package of food that cost $2 and weighs 10 oz would make the unit price a quarter (25 cents). You can do this with several items to find out which is cheaper. Often buying two smaller packets is cheaper than buying the larger one. Bulk is not always the better option.
8. Ignore checkout last minute buys like magazines and chocolate.
9. Did you know you can freeze milk? If it’s on special, and you have freezer space, buy some extra bottles.
10. Check the entrie shelves. Often the best bargains are above and below eye level.