Having Twins Today, Issue #003 -- 20 May 2011
1) Top tips for preschool activities, keeping your little ones busy whilst learning. Read more here...
In this Issue:
2) What’s New at having-twins.com this month Read on here!
3) Our Sneak Peak – The up and coming Find out here...
4) Cleaning tips for those fun messy activities. Find out what they are here...
See previous issues for Having Twins Today
Having Twins Today brings you the cherry on the top with Twin Tips, What’s New, Having Twins at Home and loads more subscriber only info and sneak peeks.
If you like this e-zine, why not “pay it forward” and email to your family, friends and other parents of twins. It’s not just the mom and dad of twins who may be interested, it could be an Aunt, Grandparent or even a Friend.
If this e-zine has been forwarded to you and you like what you see, go ahead and subscribe by Visiting
Having Twins Today
Here are some great suggestions to keep your toddlers entertained when you have run out of ideas:
1. Play dough – All kids love play dough letting their imaginations go wild, here is my favorite recipe:
You will need –
3 cups of boiling water
2/3 cup salt
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 and a ½ tablespoons of oil
3 cups of flour
Food coloring for desired color
Add some glitter for some real sparkle
Mix the first four ingredients together then gradually add the flour. Then you’re done.
2. Baking with kids is always a treat. If you are not a baker you could either buy a cup cake mixture (in a box) and you’re away or you can buy unfrosted cup cakes and then decorate with your children.
3. Water play – All kids love water play and you don’t need specific water toys. Fill up a bucket or two with water take some plastic cups and containers from your cupboard and let them go wild. – You could use a paddling pool and add some bubbles. – A garden water sprinkler is great fun for kids and even crawling babies. Not all babies like water in their face though, mine loved it. We had a little water slide for our older son and they had a great time crawling through the water.
4. Toy rotation – Our kids have many toys so I just have a small basket out for our girls. When they get board with them I pull out the toys I have stored away and it’s like they have brand new toys.
5. Play with Gloop – This is a wonderfully weird mixture you play with your hands. When you touch it lightly in the bowl it feels solid but when you try to pick it up it seems to turn into a liquid. This is really fun my kids love it, keep in mind that this is messy so playing with it outside and/or using a plastic playing mat is recommended.
You will need –
You can make as much as you like. All you have to do is mix these ingredients together in a bowl to the consistency of cream. Then have fun playing with it (leave it in the bowl to play with).
6. Make a maze – Crawling babies love to explore so why not create a maze using a laundry basket, pillows/cushions, empty boxes, a tunnel, the coffee table and anything else you can think of. Then they can crawl around, over and through. You can sit on the other side of the maze blowing bubbles for instance and watch the fun they have trying to get to you. This is great learning activity for babies.
New Info at Having Twins
Take a look at my twin picks, all things for twins and everything in-between here at the Having Twins Shop
Want to know more about Labor Contractions? Here you can learn how to time contractions, what they feel like, how to cope and when to go to the hospital.
A place to vent and read or even be amused– The silly twin questions we all get asked
Our home page will feature two polls a month see here for the first: Having Twins
Now you can search our site having-twins.com by using Having Twins Search
New Content Coming Soon!
Coming soon... Raising twins from health to milestones and more, postpartum depression and a search page to help find the info you are looking for.
Are there any topics on having twins you would like to know more about? May be I could add this to our website? Contact us and let me know. Contact Us Form.
This is a growing site and there is much more to be included. What would you like to see more of?
Kids and their messy hands
Here are my top 3 tips for messy play spills.
1) Play Dough in the Carpet: Firstly pick up the bits of dough you can, then leave the rest to dry over night. In the morning scrap the dough with a spoon (don’t worry it won’t damage you carpet) then vacuum it up. Repeat as necessary.
2) Paint on Carpet: Paints for children are water based so use hot water and laundry detergent with a stiff brush, and then blot with a dry cloth repeating as necessary. You could even try using white distilled vinegar which is a popular household cleanser.
3) Crayon on the walls or cupboards: Try to scrape the crayon off a bit with a plastic spoon or something else that won’t scratch anything. Then sprinkle some backing soda onto a damp cloth and rub the crayon off, with a clean damp cloth wipe off any residue. For stubborn marks you can use a multiple purpose lubricating oil and then wipe again with a clean damp cloth.
Both baking soda and white distilled vinegar are awesome cleaners for around the home. You can use them on almost anything like, baking soda in your refrigerator, vinegar for the windows and mirrors, a mixture of vinegar and baking soda for blocked drains, just to name a few.
Que Te Cuides